20.6.08

Day Twenty Six: Mold, Dust, Promises, Memories


Two promises fulfilled. First, I mostly only took black and white photographs today.

Second, I went exploring in my grandparents attic like I promised someone. I found an old phonograph and a trumpet, but I can't get either to work. My grandma can't operate a damn computer and I think she's ignorant, but I really find myself against the wall this time. I'm hoping that the items are broken, not my brain, but I want them to work so I can have some musickal fun. I think I'd have more fun smashing them up. Tossing them down the stairs and watching them float away in the lake. I don't think they'd even float.

I also found an old video camera, the kind you hold with one hand and aim like a sub-machine gun. It still takes film, not tape. The batteries were so old they were oozing acid and it melted the paint on the back. Maybe it will work one day. Maybe I will discover some family memories I never knew I had. They had.

That record player squeaks and grinds against some mint condition Boston Pops album. The volume doesn't go up very high, so it's barely a whisper as the poor record is scratched to death. The sound is hideous and distorted but it makes the best mood music I've ever heard.

More Goals:
Make myself a slingshot and shoot out advertisements. Or buy one from Wal-Mart.

Read advice columns, but just the questions, not the answers. My life is so much better than theirs.

Rip out pages of old books and put them on walls.


Make a new shirt.

Make more oblique goals.

Look up the word oblique.

No comments: