22.6.08

Day Twenty Eight: My List


A friend said he has an addictive personality, and I wondered if I did too. A study by Florida State University, and reported by the New York Times finds that there are several ''significant personality factors'' that can contribute to addiction:

- Impulsive behavior, difficulty in delaying gratification, an antisocial personality and a disposition toward sensation seeking.

- A high value on nonconformity combined with a weak commitment to the goals for achievement valued by the society.

- A sense of social alienation and a general tolerance for deviance.

- A sense of heightened stress. This may help explain why adolescence and other stressful transition periods are often associated with the most severe drug and alcohol problems.

Let me put it in my own way. All I care about anymore is new experiences, new flavors, meeting new people, smelling new blood. A new kind of purity.

I'm not worried or upset and I'm not gonna bat an eye. It's almost as if the study proposes this kind of attitude is a bad thing. I'm happy with who I am. Who knows, maybe I'll even grow out of it. Maybe being me is just a "phase".

I was reading Hitler quotes yesterday. Why not. My favorite quote from him (besides the "kill everybody" one) is "Anyone who sees and paints a sky green and fields blue ought to be sterilized." So if you know me, you know what I did. I painted a landscape according to this color scheme. Many people believe Hitler to be the most evil man in history, and maybe, but doesn't it feel great to break whatever rules he makes. A new kind of purity.

I'm excited for school. Not the school parts tho. Those are far from my mind. I'm excited for all the amazing things I will be doing this year. I'm really happy about it. Nothing's gonna stop me.

I explored a thunderstorm today and met the girl my grandma is trying to hook me up with. We'll be good friends, sure. But nothing more.

No comments: