1.6.08

Day S[w]even: Mark


DO NOT READ THIS WITHOUT READING SWEVEN I : "WHEN I AM KING" FIRST. It enhances this content. Click here. Take your time.

- - - x


Some horrible facet of the imagination. 'Sweven' is an archaic word meaning vision. Dream. I imagined Sweven I. I didn't want to explain because context ruins the story experience.

It is the most vivid dream I've ever had. Some nightmare caused by watching Bravehart, I woke up two hours before my alarm. Couldn't escape from the alternate reality all day, so I wrote it down. I'm still not convinced it didn't happen.

I'm sure you can guess why it is numbered. Expect more.

Church. A concert, not worship, on purpose. My grandfather preached, as usual. Very laid back, warm. Small families make up a congregation of fifty, but the sermon is televised into 100,000 homes. Televangelism, but not the same thing. No gimmick, no book to sell.

Talked to a few people I really didn't want to. Felt apathy dripping out my black sleeves. Some woman discussed the weather. Older than hell. Mentioned something about global warming and I spouted some facts about how it's never been proven to be an issue or that human beings are causing it. She kept saying, "Oh. Oh. Oh." Me, spreading truth and disease. "I've never heard that side before!" Now I know why Christ is the shepherd and his people the sheep.

Bad influence, yes I am. Horrid. Had several deep discussions with my cousin, Matt. Surprised even myself. Letting our true colors show. Wagering the future. Chewing fat while we still have molars.

I decided I will vote this year after all. Ron Paul. I know, he has no chance. But at least I will be able to sleep at night. Ten years from now, I'll remind myself I was a true patriot when I was young. An Anarchist patriot even. I'll remind myself that I once had something to believe in. It's not about winning, it's about trying. Who's with me? Who's not a coward?

This does not transition. Ate lunch with the whole family. Syrian food. What we ate was Koosa, which is a special type of pepper from Lebanon that is stuffed with meat and rice, dribbled with tomato sauce. We ate grape leaves, which is rice and meat wrapped in grape leaves, dribbled with lemon juice. It's not bad every once in a while. Couldn't eat it forever.

Sorry, didn't meet the girl today. Things didn't work out.

Very caffeine high. The kind of buzz that makes me want to explore everything. So me and my cousins drove down a service street and investigated a sewage drainage system. It was way more fun than it sounds. Look at the photos if you don't believe me.

Ate ice cream, I set my pants on fire. Considered tattoos. Played the game Exquisite Corpse and the Drawing Game. Dadaism over pistachio.

My cousins and I fired guns into some makeshift targets on their volleyball court. My relatives don't own guns for hunting or for security. They're toys. This was my first time ever firing a gun. The result of living in a city, I suppose. Just .22 rifles, a Magnum, but it was exciting for me.

We were careful not to aim the rifles at each other. I told myself, clutching the Magnum, this is not a toy. But it is. We picked out the chunks of lead spat in the sand. Twisted, bits of nothing. I wondered how something so small could really be so dangerous. And I stared at the back of Mark's head. Imagined the little .22 zipping through his skull, his brain and coming out in chunks the other end. Through every memory and emotion and sense the kid ever had.

I set the rifle down and couldn't stop shaking. Maybe it was the caffeine.

No comments: