25.9.07

Liars & Vendettas

My dorm wing is full of people who are assholes. They treat me belligerently, which makes sense. Other than my roommate, they are all those "bros", the popular people who either play football or pose as pretty boy gangsters. They only nice thing they do is leave me alone or bring in cute girls they sleep around with. . .

My roommate is a metalhead, sorta. I don't know what cliche he slides into. I'm the only artist in this hall.

I really belong in Reilly. Many of my friends are over there, and once I pretended I lived there and attended a dorm meeting just to get free pizza. I lied straight faced to the R.A. that I was on his floor. When he asked which number I lived in, I said, "Uh. . ."
"Are you on Chris's [the other R.A.] wing?"
"Yeah, I must be."

I'm going to lie again so I can attend condom poker with their hall. Allen hall doesn't do anything cool like that. The coolest thing they've done is host a National Day of Peace art contest. The rules were to color a peace sign template and the best got a $25.00 gift certificate to Target. Since everyone who lives there is "too cool" for art I knew I was easily going to win.

I spent about an hour on it. I colored it with expensive, artsy permarkers, and got high off the fumes. Then I burst open some ink pens I found around campus and blew the ink everywhere. It looked really nice. You were supposed to hang it on your door.

Only two other people entered, and to me, theirs were not very good. One was a pencil drawing of either a volcano or a nuclear bomb. The other was babbling about how there can never be peace between countries or religions. I didn't understand it.

On Saturday night, after the judging was over, I was leaving my room and decided to take a picture of my art. For some reason I felt that the dicks in my hall would tear it down. After a long night, I came home at 3AM and saw my poster crumpled up, ripped in half, down the hall. I was right. The other two peace signs were fine.





At the time, since I wasn't surprised, I wasn't mad. I picked up the pieces of my artwork and plotted revenge, and pondered who would be such a dick. It wasn't a big deal.

I learned today that all three of the people who entered the contest won. Instead of getting a 25.00 gift card, we all get a ten dollar one. . . This is such a copout for real judging. Disappointed isn't the word I would use. What's a word for "lack of surprise"?

And right now, I am sitting in my room glaring at the door, and hating everyone being loud out in the hall.

3 comments:

oakleyses said...

christian louboutin, uggs on sale, longchamp outlet, air max, gucci handbags, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses wholesale, nike air max, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton, ray ban sunglasses, longchamp outlet, michael kors pas cher, christian louboutin uk, ugg boots, polo outlet, nike free, nike outlet, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren outlet online, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, prada handbags, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, sac longchamp pas cher, louboutin pas cher, nike air max, prada outlet, ray ban sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, nike free run, replica watches, chanel handbags, louis vuitton, replica watches, kate spade outlet, jordan shoes, longchamp pas cher, jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses, tory burch outlet, nike roshe

oakleyses said...

iphone cases, hermes belt, mac cosmetics, mcm handbags, giuseppe zanotti outlet, oakley, instyler, lululemon, reebok outlet, wedding dresses, converse, baseball bats, hollister clothing, new balance shoes, soccer shoes, vans outlet, valentino shoes, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, jimmy choo outlet, asics running shoes, bottega veneta, soccer jerseys, nfl jerseys, nike air max, nike roshe run, herve leger, mont blanc pens, north face outlet, beats by dre, timberland boots, converse outlet, louboutin, longchamp uk, vans, insanity workout, nike huaraches, ferragamo shoes, gucci, nike trainers uk, p90x workout, ray ban, ghd hair, celine handbags, hollister, hollister, north face outlet, nike air max, ralph lauren, chi flat iron

oakleyses said...

moncler, pandora jewelry, replica watches, canada goose, hollister, pandora uk, moncler outlet, canada goose uk, barbour, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, lancel, canada goose, louis vuitton, thomas sabo, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, barbour uk, swarovski, moncler, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, montre pas cher, juicy couture outlet, doudoune moncler, ugg, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, moncler, karen millen uk, moncler uk, coach outlet, canada goose outlet, juicy couture outlet, toms shoes, moncler outlet, links of london, canada goose outlet, louis vuitton, moncler, wedding dresses, supra shoes, marc jacobs, swarovski crystal, canada goose jackets, ugg uk, canada goose, pandora jewelry, ugg pas cher, pandora charms