18.8.08

Miniature

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again.
- Rick Polito

I'm on a bus and i feel like i'm going to get decapitated

everyday I would go into an antique shop and every day I would see that head. I rarely found anything worth buying, so some days I would go just to make sure that shrunken head was still there.
7 days a week I would stop by, peek inside and see the head, it's leathery skin glistening, gangrenous and beautiful.
I told others about it. people asked me why i never bought it.
it just had to be there, I suppose. it couldn't be anywhere else.

Dear Barber,
I've been finding the small things that inspire great change. Butterflies and pebbles and sparks.
Your photo album speaks to me and I can't stop looking through every single image.
Until I realize that I've already seen all these. It doesn't matter, it's not my choice.
As each one wants to say to me,
Hello. I am here again.

No comments: