20.8.08

Discarded - Lifted



Today, I purchased a young woman's diary from a secondhand store. It's rare that you can find such a thing. Goodwill usually censors all personal items. It's about thirty pages from the year 2000.

I've been skimming through it and I feel as if I was transported 8 years ago. I feel as if I know her. For two dollars, I got to be someone else by learning their fears and hopes and dreams and gossips and laughter and . . .

This is about how I felt when I bought that old, old camera. I feel like a different person behind that lens. I see things differently.

I've been feeling not-myself lately. I think it's my way of escaping the stress of school.

I know it's just another cliche. I just don't know what I'm going to do with it.

2 comments:

Matty said...

Sorry to say but it is a little creepy that someone would sell or give away their diary. And I believe that it is even more creepy that someone else would read it...

Mene Tekel said...

Hahaha, she wrote in it, I hope no one ever reads this, ever.