2.7.08

Day Thirty Eight: Some What Damage d


So I don't think I hate animals as much as I thought.

I woke up and the first thing I could think to do is to shoot arrows again. By now, most of them are somewhat damaged from hitting rocks. Eventually they all got stuck in trees, so I prayed for rain to knock them down again.

I didn't go to work today because I had a meeting with the Citizen to get a work schedule. As I drove there, I nearly ran over this fuzz ball in the road. I pulled over to investigate. It was a kitten, but it didn't run away because it's eyes were so infect they were crusted over, leaving the animal blind.

I had to go or I would be late, so I shoved the animal in my cousin's arms and told him to wash it. When I returned, he had cleaned it, but it was such a bad infection it's eyes were mostly scabbed shut. Nothing to do about it. My grandma made grandpa take it back to the house where I found it. The owner who feeds the feral animals said all their eyes are like that.

If I hadn't have rescued the kitten it would have been mashed dead by me or another driver who speeds down that road. Then I would've stopped and taken pictures of its corpse. Viscera eyes. Maybe it will anyway, seeing as it's back where it started.

Anyway, the meeting went well. I start Monday. I met some really cool dudes who work there. They were talking about a guy who stole a snake by walking out of the pet store with it wrapped around his arm. They were going to go down and take photos of it and write up the news on it. They look fresh out of college, scruffy, young journalists like me. I'm very excited about my job.

After the meeting, I went to my other cousins house and played Wii while Mark's cockatiel sat on my shoulder. I really love that bird. Something about it makes me feel so comfortable. I'm thinking about getting one as a pet someday. He's been itchy and prying off his feathers in some weird, somewhat damaged self-destructive way.

It started raining, then it started hailing. It was exciting and I drove home in and all my cousins and I went swimming. I dove down deep and saw a fish floundering on the bottom. When I came back up for air, I told my cousins, "Fish." I dived down again to see it, and it was still there, so I grabbed it. I swam back up and yelled, "Fish!" It flopped in my hands, the stupid bass.

My cousins told me to throw it back in the water but I kept it. Turns out the fish was somewhat damaged, cut pretty deep on side for some reason. That doesn't make it any easier to catch. I wanted my grandma to cut it up and cook it, and she said she would, but later she changed her mind and left it out for the raccoons.

I'm sure that was pleasant.

No comments: