27.3.08

The Happiest Photo in the World

The Happiest Photo in the World


My darkroom photo professor assigned portraits. I took pictures of Beth, Holly V. as studio portraits and K as an environmental portrait.
My prof liked my photos, but not my prints so he made me redo the originals today. He taught me how to use the parts of the photo enlarger that I didn't know. An hour later, my result was the happiest photo in the world.
No picture I have ever taken has made me as happy as the one of K. It's even hard to say any of my other work (writing, drawing) exceeds the pride and joy I felt for this print.

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com
I'm really happy.

ABOUT THE PHOTO: CLICK TO ENLARGE: I took a picture of K in her kitchen applying makeup leaving a stream of (fake) blood trickled down her cheek. She was wearing weird purple gloves and a nice black blouse. The film did not dry correctly, and there are weird scratches and watermarks on the print. I love it more that way. I wanted this photo to be creepy, and it is beautiful at the same time.

I could easily say that the blood represents something anti-corporate or anti-establishment about makeup, but I'm not sure that was entirely my aim. Honestly though, when I read fashion mags I get very nightmarish images of what is really going on in between pages. Draw your own conclusion, if you will.

No comments: