25.5.08

7MIN

This should take you seven minutes or less to read.

I went to churchy church today. I've been going to services and sermons and stuff for months, but it's been a while since I went to main service at North Hills. I don't think I've ever listened to Tom as closely as I did today. I have almost no idea what he was talking about, except he said we should be making an impact in the world, as Christians. Did he say how? No. He babbled about some holiday that is tomorrow.

So I thought about it for two seconds. How can I impact the world? Well, Galations 5:22 came to mind:

22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.


That'll make you stand out as a human being, let alone a Christian. Practice ONE, just ONE of these things and people will start to notice you live a lifestyle of love, whether you say it or not. Easy.

Also, it's not against the law. Brownie points for not being illegal to be nice.

Another effective way to impact the world is to pray. It doesn't have to be a prayer more than five minutes, and it doesn't have to be about anything important. The key is communication with the Almighty.

There. Now, you don't have to pull out any change from your linty pockets or listen to me talk about tomorrow. The rest is up to you.

Hope you learned something.

No comments: